Galfan Coated Gabion Cage - Used in Harshest Environments
Galfan gabion cage is a new type material gabion cage, which contains 5% aluminum and 95% zinc coating. Compared with galvanized gabion cage, which contains 99% zinc coating, Galfan coated gabion cage offers around three times greater protection to the gabion cage.
The aluminum coating will form an oxidation film to resist the corrosion, rust, acid and alkali erosion. When this layer is broken, there are still zinc coating protection.
Galfan coated gabion cage also has different types
- Different technology. It can be divided into Galfan woven mesh gabion cage and Galfan welded gabion cage.
- Galfan woven mesh gabion cage. It is commonly used in the water conservancy project, especially the differential settlement applications due to its flexible and durable life.
- Galfan welded gabion cage. It is widely used in the landscape constructions, such as feature wall, fireplace, gabion planter.
Woven type Galfan coated gabion cage.
Welded type Galfan coated gabion cage.
- Different twist. According to different applications, the Galfan coated gabion cage has double twisted and triple twisted types. Double twisted gabion cage. It is the most commonly used type in the ordinary applications and the triple twisted gabion cage is suitable for the high erosion and impact applications.
Double twisted Galfan coated gabion cage.
Triple twisted Galfan coated gabion cage.
- Different cage height. According to different height of gabion cage, the Galfan coated gabion cage can be divided into Galfan gabion box and Galfan gabion mattress.
- Galfan gabion box. Galfan gabion box, with above 0.5 meter height is widely used as retaining wall and protection wall in river bank, seashore, slope pipeline and other applications.
- Galfan gabion mattress. Galfan gabion mattress has no less than 0.3 meter height is widely used in the slope protection, bridge protection, beach protection, river control and other applications.
Galfan coated gabion box.
Galfan coated gabion mattress.
Specifications of Galfan coated gabion cage
- Material: galvanized steel wire, PVC coating wire, Zinc-aluminum alloy wire.
- Wire diameter:
- galvanized/Galfan wire diameter: 2.0 mm - 3.0 mm
- PVC coating wire diameter: 2.0/3.0 mm - 3.0/4.0 mm.
- Selvedge wire diameter: 3.4 mm.
- Lacing wire diameter: 2.2 mm.
- Mesh size:
- woven type: 6 cm × 8 cm, 8 cm × 10 cm, 10 cm × 12 cm and other sizes are available.
- Welded type: 1/4", 1/2", 3/8", 3/4", 1", 2", 3", etc.
- Cage size:
Cage specs of Galfan coated gabion cage
Feature of Galfan coated gabion cage
- High corrosion and rust resistance. Aluminum and zinc coating supplies double protection for the gabion cage.
- Chemical stability. Excellent acid, alkali, salty and other chemical resistance, which can be used in the harshest environment.
- High tensile strength. triple twisted structure supplies higher tensile strength to the gabion cage for stability.
- Solid and rigid structure. The welded Galfan coated gabion cage has solid and rigid structure due to the welding on each and every intersection.
- High benefit and value. Though the price of Galfan coated gabion cage is higher than the galvanized gabion cage or PVC coating gabion cage, but the durable and long service life is worthy for that.
Applications of Galfan coated gabion cage
Galfan coated gabion cage can be used in the harshest environment applications, such as high corrosive, rust, acid, alkali and other aggressive applications. It can supply additional protective coating to the gabion cage to ensure the long and durable service life.
Galfan coated gabion cage can be used for riverway control and guiding.
Galfan coated gabion cage can be used for coastal protection.