Gabion Box - Welded Mesh and Woven Mesh Type
Gabion box can be used in the river bank to resist flood erosion.
Gabion box is commonly refers to the woven wire mesh, which is made of galvanized, PVC coating or zinc-aluminum alloy steel wires and has multiple twisted hexagonal hole shapes meshes. The gabion box is rectangular shape gabion basket with higher basket height than the gabion mattress.
Gabion box is composed of body parts, base, lid and several diaphragms. The diaphragms divide the gabion box into equal dimension cells, and the commonly width is 1 meter. When the gabion box are filled with stones or rocks, the diaphragms can providing even distribution to the gabion box to add strength to the basket and help retain its rectangular shape.
Classifications of gabion box
- According to the material.
Gabion box has different materials to suit different applications and satisfy different customers. The main materials are as follows:
- Galvanized steel wire. Galvanized steel wire is the most commonly seen and used materials in gabion box production. It has electric galvanized gabion box and hot dipped galvanized gabion box. Electric galvanized gabion box with about 10 g/m2 zinc coating has corrosion and rust resistance in short times. The hot dipped galvanized gabion box more than 240 g/m2 zinc coating has durable and better corrosion and rust resistance performance.
- Zinc-aluminum alloy steel wire. It can be divided into 5% aluminum-zinc alloy steel wire, which is known as Galfan steel wire and the 10% aluminum-zinc alloy steel wire. This type of material has triple life than the zinc coating steel wire, which can be used in the high corrosive environments, including acid and alkali applications.
- PVC coating steel wire. The PVC coating can be used combined with low carbon steel wire or galvanized steel wire to add additional protection to the gabion box. Gray or green colors can make the gabion box be blended with surrounding environments and let the gabion box be more beautiful and ecological.
Galvanized gabion box.
PVC coating gabion box.
- According to the technology.
The gabion box can be divided into woven gabion box or welded gabion box according to different technology. The woven gabion box consists of a series hexagonal woven meshes and the welded gabion box consists of square or rectangular welded meshes.
- Woven gabion box is flexible to be used in differential settlement applications. Meanwhile, the woven gabion box is commonly used in the retaining wall applications.
- Welded gabion box is widely used in the landscape applications and it can also be used in the retaining wall applications.
Woven gabion box.
Welded gabion box.
- According to the twist.
It is refers to the different twist in the woven gabion box. It has double twisted and triple twisted types.
- Double twisted gabion box. It is the most commonly used type in the gabion box applications. It can supply rigid structure and high tensile strength to the gabion box.
- Triple twisted gabion box. It can supply higher tensile strength to the gabion box, it can be used in the high erosion and impact environments.
Specifications of gabion box
- Material: galvanized steel wire, PVC coating wire, zinc-aluminum steel wire.
- Mesh wire diameter:
- Galvanized or zinc-aluminum alloy wire: 2.0 mm - 3.2 mm.
- PVC coating wire: 2.0/3.0 mm - 3.0/4.0 mm.
- PVC coating wire color: green or gray. Other colors can be customized.
- Selvedge wire diameter: commonly is 3.4 mm.
- Lacing wire diameter: commonly is 2.2 mm.
- Mesh size:
- woven gabion box: 6 cm × 8 cm, 8 cm × 10 cm, 10 cm × 12 cm and other sizes are available.
- Welded gabion box: 1/4", 1/2", 3/8", 3/4", 1", 2", 3", etc.
- Cage size:
Cage spec of gabion box
Features of gabion box
- Solid. Double twist and triple twist can supply high tensile strength for the gabion box to resist the erosion.
- Flexible. The woven gabion box is flexible, which can tolerate differential settlement applications without fracture.
- Durable. The high corrosion and rust resistance and chemical stability make the gabion box can be used for a long service life.
- Permeability. Water can pass through the gap of stones, which reduce the erosion from water to the gabion box.
- Low cost and economical. There are different materials and types for your choice to suit your budget. All the products are qualified to be used.
- Maintenance free. It need little maintenance, which can save time, money and labor.
Applications of gabion box
- Retaining wall.
- Coastal protection.
- Flood bank protection.
- Bridge protection.
- Seaport engineering.
- Isolation wall.
- Soil and slope protection.
Gabion boxes can protect the soil slope from water erosion.
Gabion box can be used on the seashore to protect the beach.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.