Welded Gabion Cage - Spiral Wire, C Ring and Other Connection Type
Welded gabion cage is made of high quality materials with outstanding corrosion resistant coating, which make the welded gabion cage a more stable and longer service life. The wires are welded into sheets and then assembled into cages. The welded gabion cage has a wider range application than the woven gabion cage in our daily life.
Compared with woven gabion cage, which is widely used in the rivers and watercourses, welded gabion cage is widely used as decorative and functional cages for retaining wall, planters, fireplaces, benches and other landscape design.
Materials of welded gabion cages
The welded gabion cages are available for various materials, you can refer to them and choose the perfect one suitable for you.
- Zinc coated steel wire. The steel wire can be treated with electric galvanized or hot dipped galvanized. The thick zinc coating will provide outstanding corrosion and rust resistance performance to the welded gabion cage. The galvanized surface treatment can be galvanized before welding, it can also be galvanized after welding. Galvanization after welding can prevent the zinc coating being destroyed by the welding.
- Galfan wire. The Galfan wire refers to the wires with 5% aluminum and 95% zinc coating. It has better corrosion resistance performance than the steel wire. When exposing the airs, the aluminum will form a oxidation layer which resist to the corrosion , rust, acid and other chemical erosion.
- PVC coated wire. The galvanized wire or Galfan wire can be coated with PVC, which supplies triple life to the welded gabion cage. The PVC coated wire has different colors to blend with surrounding environments.
Galvanized welded gabion cage.
PVC coated welded gabion cage.
Specifications of welded gabion cage
- Material: hot dipped galvanized wire, electric galvanized wire, Galfan coated wire or PVC coating wire.
- Wire diameter: 14 G - 23 G.
- Mesh size: 1/4", 1/2", 3/8", 3/4", 1", 2", 3", etc.
- Cage size: 2 m × 1 m × 1 m, 2 m × 1 m × 0.5 m, 1 m × 1 m × 1 m, 1 m × 1 m × 0.5 m, 1.5 m × 1 m × 1 m.
Assemble of the welded gabion cage
The welded gabion cages are shipped to the construction site in several sheet forms. When you received the sheet panels, just raise the sides and connect them with bottom by spiral wires. Sometimes, you will need to assemble the stiffeners. Then you should put the stones into the cages and then a lid will be placed on the top and secured with spiral wires. Except for the spiral wire, which can fasten the parts of gabions, you can also use the lacing wire or C rings.
To ensure the solid and stable of the welded gabion cage, reinforced wires can be added into the welded gabion cage.
Accessories of welded gabion cage
Except for the welded gabion panels, there are several accessories to ensure the firm and stable structure.
Spiral wires. High quality zinc coated steel wire or PVC coated wire as the mesh wire of welded gabion cage. It is commonly used to fasten and assemble the panel sheets together to form the gabion cage.
C rings. Play the same roles with spiral wires. Use combined with the specialized tools to fasten the cage. The operation is easy and fast.
Stiffeners. Reinforced wire in the welded gabion cage. It can help to reinforce the structure of the welded gabion cage and prevent transformation when the cage is filled with stones.
Spiral wire for welded gabion cage connection.
C ring for welded gabion cage connection.
U clips for welded gabion cage connection.
Stiffener for reinforcing the welded gabion cage structure.
Features of welded gabion cage
- High quality. All the products are produced by auto-welding machines, which can supply high quality and durable gabion cage.
- Firm and tidy structure. The welded gabion cage is high tensile strength, which can bear the stone weight, additional, stiffeners are added onto the cage to prevent bulging out when filled.
- Outstanding corrosion and rust resistance. No matter zinc coated, Galfan coated or PVC coating surface treatment, they can supply outstanding corrosion, rust, acid and alkali resistance. So they can bear the harsh environments and maintain good performance.
- Easy to assemble. Just raise the panels and fasten them by spiral wires, c rings and other accessories.
- Convenient to transport and store. The welded gabion is commonly supplied flat, so it can save lots of storage and transporting space.
- Eco-friendly. The plant can grow among the stone gap. In this way, it will form a beautiful scenery.
- Decorative. The PVC coating welded gabion cage has various colors to blend the surrounding environments, it can decorate your dull yard or places.
Applications of welded gabion cages
Welded gabion cage is widely used in our daily life for decorative or functional applications, detailed applications are as follows:
- Retaining wall.
- Gabion planters.
- Slope protection.
- Bridge protection.
- Military defense.
- Landscape construction.
- Road protection.
Welded gabion for road protection.
Welded gabion cage for slope protection.
Welded gabion planter for green plants.
Welded gabion for landscape construction.
Inquiry for Our Product
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.